Arris sb8200 vs Netgear cm1000 – Which is Best? Product Comparison
There is a tremendous amount of Increasing Internet speeds to be seen as we upgrade from DOCSIS 3.0 to 3.1, and the both Arris SB8200 and Netgear CM1000 has the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology inside the box. Although both these Modems are capable of providing you with the best speeds that your ISP offers, there are still some differences between the Arris SB8200 and Netgear CM1000. In this article, we will cover all those dissimilarities between these two modems and find out which one will work best for you.
Brief Key Specifications of both modem
|Modem Model||Arris SB8200||Netgear CM1000|
|Gigabit Ethernet Ports||2||1|
|Max Download||1.9 Gbps||1 Gbps|
|Memory||3 MB||256 MB|
|Operating Temperature||32 – 122 F||32 – 102 F|
Arris SB8200 Key Speecifications
The Arris SB8200 has correctly working DOCSIS 3.1 technology coupled with 32 download QAM channels and eight upload channels. For instance, it works perfectly fine with some of the most popular ISPs of U.S.A like Cox, Comcast, and Charter. Several people are using the Arris SB8200 with Comcast services, got a chance to test the DOCSIS 3.1 technologies, and the word they utter after using it is, ‘WOW!’.
- The SurfBoard line-up champion, Arris SB8200 has the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology which provides tremendous Internet speeds, and one can easily stream 4K videos at such speed without experiencing any buffering in-between.
- The Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports present on this modem can provide you double the speed of what you can achieve on the older DOCSIS 3.0 technology. These ports come very handily in situations like connecting the Modem to your Computer via wires, as the wired connectivity provides the best speeds and connection simultaneously.
- The Company claims that Arris SB8200 can reach the Max Download speeds up to 1.9 Gbps, which is quite remarkable.
- With a decent Internet plan from your ISP, you can easily see fantastic upload and download speeds. As per the feedback from various customers, download speeds can go as high as 352 Mbps and upload speeds up to 45 Mbps easily.
- Operating temperature on the Arris SB8200 can go max up to 122 Farahenheits. However, if you place it in a Cool environment, it won’t heat much, and it does not affect the performance of the Modem by any means.
Netgear CM1000 Key Specifications
Netgear is a well-known brand, and almost everyone has a good experience of using Netgear products. This time, Netgear too providing the same and latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology in its CM1000 Modem. The NETGEAR CM1000 is known to provide Ultra-High Internet Connection at ultimate download and upload rates.
- Netgear CM1000 has the same DOCSIS 3.1 technology as we have seen on the Arris SB8200, and it does provide high-speed Internet connections. Likewise, this one also has 32 x 8 channel bondings which are extremely helpful in fetching Internet speed during the peak hours as well.
- The Downstream Data Speed as the Company itself claims is, 6000 Mbps for the Netgear CM1000, whereas the Arris SB8200 can go up to 10000 Mbps for same.
- One can easily stream Ultra HD videos over IP with the 2 x 2 OFDM and 32 Download QAM channels.
According to the user’s feedback, the Netgear CM1000 works fine and provide good Internet speeds. Fully functional Broadcom BCM3390 chipset is present inside the box with 256 MB RAM intact, and also, 128 MB of flash memory. However, Arris Sb8200 has 3 GB of RAM inside the shell.
Arris SB8200 Ports
The reason behind the fantastic user-friendliness of the Arris SB8200 is that it has two Gigabit Ethernet Ports, and its support for Link Aggregation. In other words, both the ports can be used and connected as a single bundle, called the Link Aggregation Group (LAG). It can achieve the Download and Upload max Speeds up to 2 Gbps.
Despite having the LAG technology in the Modem, it is not fully functional with most ISPs, as there are not enough ISPs that support Link Aggregation. So, make sure your ISP is compatible with the bundling of two or more LAN gigabit ports.
Netgear CM1000 ports
Unlike Arris SB8200, the CM1000 has only a single Port, so there is a higher risk of a complete breakdown of your Internet connection when Ethernet Port fails to work. As there is only a single Ethernet Gigabit Port for your use, there lacks the proper functionality of Link Aggregation in the CM1000. It can provide you with a maximum download speed of up to 1 Gbps as the LAN Ethernet port is capable of transferring 1 Gbps only.
So, clearly Arris sb8200 has an advantages on ports.
Arris SB8200 Features
Being one of the best Modem in recent time, it packs a lot of features that can help you achieve the best Internet speeds as your ISP provides. This Modem comes with pre-support for the IPv4 and IPv6 Internet browsing Standards. Cox, does not provide the support for the dual Ethernet ports, however, both the ports are usable with the Comcast cables if you successfully remove the Bufferbloat issues. Performs amazing while streaming 4K videos, VR Gaming, etc.
Netgear CM1000 Features
Efficient and works best for the users of Comcast, also supports fast activation for the XFINITY users. Along with the DOCSIS 3.1 technology, the CM1000 has 2 OFDM downstream and 2 OFDM upstream channel for providing the high Internet speeds. It’s super easy to set up this Modem at your place, and it won’t take more than ten minutes for you to set this thing up. In contrast, setting up the Arris SB8200 might be a difficult task for the new customers, but you can find a lot of tutorials for this and can learn quickly.
If you checking for easy setup modem, netgear cm1000 will be winner. But I think setting up arris sb8200 would not that much of difficult.
Pros & Cons of both Modem In Quick
Arris SB8200 PROS
- Almost all the ISPs support the Arris SB8200, and you can use it efficiently
- Broadcom BCM3390 chipset with 3 GB RAM
- 2 Ethernet Gigabit Ports with Link Aggregation
- Can easily stream 4K videos and performs well with VR Gaming as well.
- Availability of Spectrum Analyzer
Arris SB8200 CONS
- Operating Temperatures can sometimes hike up a little bit.
- Wi-Fi Router is not In-built.
Netgear CM1000 PROS
- No heating issues
- Compatible with Cox, and almost every other ISP around the globe.
- Has support for Comcast XFINITY
- High-grade quality
Netgear CM1000 CONS
- Lack of multiple Ethernet Ports
- Unfortunately, there is no support for Spectrum Analyzer
- Unlike Arris SB8200, it has only 256 MB RAM
- It lacks an In-built Wi-Fi Router.
|Arris SB8200 Winner||2 Gbps||2 Port||98%||Check Price|
|Netgear CM1000 Runner-Up||1 Gbps||1 Ports||97%||Check Price|
By now, you have gone through all the specification and features of both the Modems. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly modem for your corporate office or Home, you can go with the NETGEAR CM1000. However, if you are looking for a new modem which is capable of providing ultimate Internet Upstream and Downstream speeds, you can surely choose Arris SB8200 as it has more features than NETGEAR CM1000 like LAG works fine and smoothly. Also, it has two ethernet ports, whereas CM1000 has only one port. The Arris SB8200 is a clear winner here.